Dr. King Reflecting on the Journey

Dr. King Reflecting on the Journey
"Infamous, this day in Memphis, city of my demise."

Monday, November 10, 2008

And The Winner Is...

CHIT-CHAT BY G. CHATMAN
© gjc, 11/8/08
MY MAN WINS!

It was a long, tough battle! But when it was finally over this week, my man won! The two contestants faced off in the final stretch of the competition and everyone knew the young, classy, thoughtful one was the projected winner. But my money was on the guy with the experience who’d been described by his critics as sometimes “erratic” (they also used that term to describe the only woman in the final match!).

When it was all over, the winner said of his chief opponent, “I think he's a really great guy. I think he's young and doesn't have a lot of life experience yet but he's a great guy and he has a great future ahead of him.” I agree. Experience trumped youth as it should and the youngster will be around to try again while the seasoned professional now has the opportunity to realize his dreams and do what he’s been waiting to do all his life. All because of a contest that seemed to go on forever and that was full of drama with back-stabbing, negative attacks, and seemingly unfair criticism my guy received at times.

However, in the end my guy, Nathan Thomas won TopDesign, Wednesday, November 5th, beating out “Pristine Preston,” the twenty-something with impeccable taste, an incredible sense of design, and rooms that looked like they should be in a magazine. However, Nathan, the “erratic” one, has that edginess and artistic flare that I love in design. His designs were always a surprise, even when they fell short of being great. When they were great, they presented new ideas or old ones in novel and unexpected ways. Congratulations, Nathan! As for the other contest that ended this week, I’ll write about that later…

1 comment:

Revvy Rev said...

great beginning! much success to you.